Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Writing Desk Wednesday

Writing Wednesday
Some colors are just NOT supposed to go on certain pieces of furniture. And sad for me I didn't figure that out until I had already spent two hours on this project. I THOUGHT this would look fabulous in a bright teal, so I started to paint it and...I just didn't love it.
 
 
 Now, I'm not saying that it wouldn't have turned out wonderful, because with some new funky knobs and dark glaze it would have been. But when I stood back I just didn't get that feeling. And if you are one of those people who love to design, create and re-purpose you know that feeling. It's a feeling that brings singing to my soul, it's a breath of fresh air, it's like taking a new pair of shoes out of the box for the first time! Ahhh, I love that feeling! But it wasn't like that, so frustrated with the time I had spent, I had Jack get out the sprayer and he sprayed it white...I did NOT love that either. So back in the barn it went and there it would sit for a few months. And then I found the perfect paint. What do you think?... Isn't it so much better. I love how soft it is.
 

 
I kept the original knobs and just gave them a quick coat of white paint. Look at how charming and quaint they are. And look at all that storage, man, all your papers would be so organized!

 
And if your stacks of paper work, all your kids cute school projects and bank statements aren't neatly organized into little cubbies (like mine NEVER are - seriously ask Jack), the beauty of this desk is you can hide all that!
 

 
 
This desk is available at our little store in our
Beautiful Downtown Prescott.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS