Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New techniques on amazing old pieces

 
Why is it that I never think to look in the newspaper for garage sales?!? This particular Saturday I was so glad that I did! My Mom and I loaded up the kids in the truck and made a list of places we wanted to go and we found this! This has turned out to be one of my favorite dressers. Isn't the hardware so sweet looking?!? I have to say it was in amazing shape and was more expensive than I usually like to spend on a piece, especially for a garage sale!
 
However, I have learned that you can always get a better deal if you group items together (something I learned from the show American Pickers, do you watch that show...I would definitely consider myself a picker!) So, I grouped a curio cabinet with it too, pictures of it's progress soon to come. But as for the dresser I just couldn't seem to part with it and I think the end result is well worth it.
 
This charming teal dresser is one that I would mind if it didn't sell!



New techniques on old pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS