Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Frumpy to Fabulous Silver End Tables



From Frumpy to Fabulous!

I was surprised one day to get a phone call from a girl who was looking for two end tables and headboard for her bedroom set. She had searched and searched online and while she didn't want to spend a ton of money, she asked if I would find her the pieces and paint them silver!
After finding two potentially fabulous end tables, we discussed exactly what she wanted and I couldn't wait to get started. It's not every day that I get to paint something silver! After a little sanding and Jack tightening up the drawers, they started to sparkle with the little love and care that they have needed for so long. Aren't they fabulous!?
I hadn't had them on display in the store for an hour, when she stopped by to pick them up. She loved them and was pleasantly surprised that they were even better than she had imagined! Her reaction was exactly what I needed to hear to reignite my love of the process; finding something frumpy and knowing with some work and a little imagination, anything can be fabulous!


Lately I have loved playing around with a glazing process. I think that it gives such depth to the details of each piece of furniture. Usually I love to put new knobs on older pieces because I have realized that even a little change like hardware, has a huge impact. This time however was an exception. The original hardware, a shade of silver lighter, added an element of vintage glam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS